Get into them, lock-up and drive. But it looks like those days are gone.
Printable View
Get into them, lock-up and drive. But it looks like those days are gone.
Yeah...and alot of running games with it. IMO that is the type of play you have to have to beat the more athletic, finesse based teams from regions a&b. After all, when teams from this area went away from the physical type play, the titles went with it.
The Appy titles...The Jones, Jackson's , Matt Stidham , I loved watching those teams. That was part of the Appy/PV thing. Everybody knew them or their parents, uncles, something. They would knock their brains out Friday, but it didn't carry past that.
What was it Phil taught back in the day? Lower man wins the battle? Put your shoulder pad on his thigh pad and drive? Seems like I remember that anyway. I could be wrong.
Hey, I'm just a fan, ...must be a dumb one from the comments I draw(and that ain't aimed at you). But I know enough family from both towns that it was fun to watch.
That's what Coach Jones taught all of his linemen and emphasized for the undersized ones (which were many)...and it worked for 7 titles.
Well, at least I got the gist of it right. lol